he Israeli Wildlife Hospital (IWH) believes in the right of all species to exist, wherever they may be. We believe that every species has the right to life, respect and well being.
We aspire to be the first in line to administer appropriate veterinary care to all wild animals, without distinction to their species; to rehabilitate them and return them to their natural environment.
We are committed to delivering the message of conservation, to reduce hazards and harm caused by humans in areas where animals live.
We believe that the way to achieve a respectful life for all animals is through education, and through assimilating commitment to conservation values into the community.
We continue to conduct rehabilitation and animal health research and expand our knowledge to extend it to other organizations in Israel and the world. Through this we aim to ensure better treatment for animals in need in the future.
We aspire to develop our staff and volunteers to the highest professional level, providing them with the necessary tools to reach our goals. We act to nurture personal initiative and creativity amongst IWH staff.
We act with faith that through treatment, education and aid to all wild animals, we can continue to live in a world where animals are a substantial element and aspire towards a sustainable life for all species on earth.
In order to accomplish the vision of the IsraeliWildlifeHospital we:
- Administer treatment and rehabilitate wild animals with the goal of returning them to nature
- Give veterinary support to breeding centres of endangered wildlife
- Involve ourselves in public education, especially youth education in order to increase the awareness of hazards to wildlife in Israel
- Do research studies to find medical solutions in order to ease the suffering of wildlife
- Monitore hazards to wildlife